Saturday 25 March 2017

Opening New doors

Life has a way of redirecting us. If we don't recognize the need to take another route, we risk getting stuck in a path that's not good for our personal growth. As an artist, I feel that freedom to express, and create are interlinked. If I'm restricted or my environment effects my ability to create, I feel I have lost my voice. In a way my creative flow is a good barometer of how free I feel to create and therefore express myself. 
In conversations, sometimes we talk just to create noise, to connect, or learn. We talk as we are passionate about our subject, and want to make a difference. Likewise in painting, we paint for different reasons, usually for me, it's spurred on by an emotional reaction to a subject, or an inquisitiveness and a means to understand .More recently I've become comfortable with creating just because I want to. There doesn't always have to be a reason,as in life, I don't think it's possible to understand everything that we do, and it can take years of reflecting a circumstance, to begin to understand. So perhaps creativity has a place in opening new doors of understanding, and seeing.
This is a new work of mine. Experimenting a little and opening new doors. Rod, and Randolph Jones are  good friends of ours. They need their own show on tv, as both have great minds and considered views on just about everything. These guys talk, as they know what their talking about :)


No comments:

Post a Comment